WordPress, according to Wordpress.org, now “powers more than 17 percent of the Web.”
WordPress users create websites, including sites for e-commerce, blogs and even Web applications.
If you create e-commerce or even enterprise WordPress sites — or if you’ve had such a site built for you in WordPress — using BluePay’s payment processing gateway will:
- Provide you and your customers with exceptional security for client payment information, such as credit/debit card numbers and eCheck information
- Keep your customers’ information safe via a solution that includes tokenization of their card data, an up-to-the-minute security process that’s fully compliant with PCI Security Council standards
- Allow your customers to make payments via their mobile phone or tablet — BluePay’s payment processing solution allows your clients to pay you from anywhere they happen to be
- Decrease your company’s liability by using a secure hosted payment page
- Provide an extremely smooth and fast integration of BluePay’s payment platform into your company’s management software or system
- Be able to create a custom payment process for your company’s unique needs and processes
- Have your account continually monitored for fraud by BluePay’s risk professionals; plus we offer 24/7/365 customer support services
WordPress Payment Plugin
When WordPress first launched in 2003, it was exclusively a blogging platform. Now, it is one of the most widely used content management systems (CMS) on the planet, powering more than 74 million websites worldwide. Infinitely expandable and customizable, WordPress is particularly popular among e-commerce sites. There are countless add-ons to help businesses expand their reach as they sell products and services to customers.
By integrating your existing shopping cart/payment software into BluePay’s Gateway and your WordPress e-commerce store, you’re able to offer your customers a truly seamless shopping experience — one that combines the flexibility of WordPress’s open-source technology with BluePay’s unparalleled data security and fraud protection.
While it's possible to program this integration from scratch, existing payment modules can ease your development greatly. BluePay payment processing is compatible with many leading shopping carts and payment add-ons, including:
- Event Espresso plugin from WP Gateways
- Gold Cart
- Gravity Forms plugin from WP Gateways
- Tribulant Shopping Cart
- WooCommerce plugin from Pledged Plugins
- WooCommerce plugin from WooThemes
If your preferred plugin isn't on this list, let us know. We continue to work with developers to add BluePay payment processing support to their products, and your favorite shopping cart may already be compatible.
Getting Started with WordPress and BluePay Integration
To build your e-commerce store on top of our secure payment processing technology, you must first have an active BluePay account. You also need the latest version of WordPress installed on your server.
Then follow these simple setup steps:
- Make sure that your shopping cart is compatible with BluePay and WordPress (let us know if yours isn’t shown on the list above)
- Contact our developers team so we can help you integrate BluePay's payment technology with WordPress and your preferred credit card plugin
- Configure your shopping cart so that it performs all of the functions you need, including transactions, cancellations and refunds. Depending on your plugin, you may also be able to execute additional features, including batch transactions, tokenization and point-to-point encryption (P2PE)
- Request a sandbox account so that you can simulate test runs before launching your shopping cart
After doing all of the above, you're ready to take your e-commerce store online and begin making sales. It really is that easy.
Need Additional Help Integrating WordPress with BluePay?
If you have questions about the API, plugin or anything else regarding the WordPress and BluePay integration, please contact our integration support team or call 800-350-2684.