What Is a Merchant Account?
A credit card merchant account allows merchants to accept multiple types of payment, including credit cards, debit cards and ACH payments. As payment processing technology continues to advance, consumers expect fast, flexible and secure options when making payments large and small. Limiting the types of payment you accept can in turn limit your customer base. Setting up a merchant account not only improves your business and increases cash flow, but provides you with the technology and security you need to remain afloat in today’s challenging and highly competitive market.
Credit Card Merchant Account Basics
As a leading merchant account provider, BluePay has a full suite of products that can be customized to meet the needs of any type of merchant. Our merchant account services include:
- POS systems: Designed to authorize credit cards, debit cards and checks at the point of sale almost instantly.
- Payment gateway: Eliminates the hassle of third-party gateways for an all-in-one merchant account solution.
- ACH payments: Expands processing capabilities with electronic check payments, direct deposit and e-commerce processing.
- Electronic invoicing: Reduces costs associated with paper billing while dramatically increasing customer convenience and cash flow.
- Mobile processing: Take business on the go and accept credit cards from your cell phone, smart phone or iPhone.
- Secure hosted payment forms: Allows merchants to accept and process credit cards online through a Web form hosted on BluePay’s secure server.
- Tokenization: Protects stored data to reduce your PCI scope and business liability, while increasing your business’ integrity.
We offer many more services for merchants in any industry, from restaurants and retail stores to hotels, motels and large enterprises. By complying with PCI DSS standards, BluePay ensures the highest level of data security to protect merchants from the risks of data theft and fraud.
How to Get a Merchant Account
Getting started with a merchant account is easy! BluePay payment processing specialists can help you identify your specific needs and goals, and customize a merchant account from there. Are you a small business owner looking to speed up mail order/telephone order transactions? Do you need a fast, secure solution for accepting payments at various trade shows? Do you have a large enterprise with the need to streamline the payment process across multiple departments? Contact BluePay today to learn how to set up a merchant account that will improve your business.