How to Accept Credit Cards for a Small Business
As a small business merchant in a sea of big-name brands and corporations, staying afloat among industry leaders can be difficult and costly. What small businesses may lack in marketing and expansion, they must make up for in high-quality products and services. That includes meeting growing customer expectations when it comes to payment methods. Accepting multiple forms of payment for your small business is crucial to improving customer service and increasing profits, as today’s consumers rely heavily on fast, convenient and secure payments with their debit and credit cards.
BluePay offers small business merchant accounts with a wide range of advanced payment systems, combined with a secure payment gateway for a one-source credit card processing solution. You’ll be able to customize a merchant account that best fits your small business needs and goals, while significantly increasing sales and lowering costs. As a leading expert in innovative data security systems, BluePay can help to protect your small business against potential fraud.
Why Accept Credit Cards?
While many small business merchants may believe that their business doesn’t have the need to accept credit card payments – perhaps they run a shop from home, or take their business on the road, or think they can’t afford today’s processing rates – the fact remains that credit and debit cards are often the chosen form of payment by most U.S. consumers. Carrying a wad of bills has become an inconvenience, and customers expect flexible options when it comes time to pay. Limiting the types of payment you accept can only hurt your business by turning away customers and ultimately lowering profits.
Small Business Merchant Accounts
Working with BluePay specialists allows you to customize a merchant account that works for your unique business requirements. We’ll show you how to accept credit cards for a small business and streamline your payment process with fast, easy, and secure credit card processing services.
- POS Systems: Point-of-sale processing equipment is ideal for merchants who want almost instant authorization for credit cards, debit cards and checks. BluePay has a variety of systems from which to choose.
- Electronic Invoicing (View ‘n Pay): Save an average of $10 per paper invoice by providing customers with easy online account access, management and payment options.
- Payment Gateway: BluePay’s secure payment gateway lets you accept all major credit cards, debit cards and ACH payments. Features such as reports, batching, returns and voids, and advanced management functions help improve business operations.
- Secure Hosted Payment Forms: Accept payments online and significantly reduce risk by processing credit cards through a Web form hosted on BluePay’s secure server.
- Virtual Terminals: Manually enter credit card sales from your computer and speed up the authorization process. With no additional hardware, phone lines or costly maintenance, you can start accepting credit cards easily without breaking the bank.
PCI Compliance Matters
As prime targets for data thieves, small business merchants must take the necessary precautions when accepting credit cards. Compliance with PCI standards not only protects your cardholder data and prevents theft, but it’s also a requirement for any merchant who accepts credit cards for business. You are responsible for making sure your payment processing systems are PCI compliant; failure to comply can result in hefty fines and lawsuits that can ultimately end your business. With BluePay’s advanced security features, including tokenization and end-to-end encryption (E2EE), you can be sure your small business and your customers are protected from potential risk.
For more information on small business credit card processing services from BluePay, contact us today!