Accepting Credit Cards: A Guide for Small Businesses
As a small business merchant in a sea of big-name competitors, staying afloat among industry leaders can be difficult and costly. What small businesses lack in marketing and resources, they must make up for in service. That includes meeting customer expectations about payment options. Accepting credit cards and other forms of payment is crucial, as today’s consumers rely strongly on fast, convenient and secure payments with their debit and credit cards.
BluePay offers small business who wish to accept credit cards a wide range of advanced payment systems, combined with a secure payment gateway for a one-source credit card processing solution. You’ll be able to customize a merchant account that best fits your small business needs and goals, while significantly increasing sales and lowering costs. As a leading expert in innovative data security systems, BluePay can help to protect your small business against potential fraud.
Why is Accepting Credit Cards So Crucial to Your Business?
While many small business merchants may believe their business doesn’t need to accept credit card payments, one fact is unavoidable: Credit and debit cards are the chosen form of payment by most U.S. consumers. Carrying a wad of bills has become an inconvenience, and customers expect flexible options when it comes time to pay. Limiting the types of payment you accept can turn away customers and ultimately lowering profits.
Getting Started: Small Business Merchant Accounts
Working with BluePay specialists allows you to customize a merchant account that works for your unique business requirements. We’ll show you how to accept credit cards for a small business and streamline your payment process with fast, easy, and secure credit card processing services.
- POS Systems: Point-of-sale processing equipment is ideal for merchants who want almost instant authorization for credit cards, debit cards and checks. BluePay has a variety of systems from which to choose.
- Electronic Invoicing (View ‘n Pay): Save an average of $10 per paper invoice by providing customers with easy online account access, management and payment options.
- Payment Gateway: BluePay’s secure payment gateway lets you accept all major credit cards, debit cards and ACH payments. Features such as reports, batching, returns and voids, and advanced management functions help improve business operations.
- Secure Hosted Payment Forms: Accept payments online and significantly reduce risk by processing credit cards through a Web form hosted on BluePay’s secure server.
- Virtual Terminals: Manually enter credit card sales from your computer and speed up the authorization process. With no additional hardware, phone lines or costly maintenance, you can start accepting credit cards easily without breaking the bank.
PCI Compliance Matters When Accepting Credit Cards
As prime targets for data thieves, small business merchants must take the necessary precautions when accepting credit cards. Compliance with PCI standards not only protects your cardholder data and prevents theft, but it’s also a requirement for any merchant who accepts credit cards for business. You are responsible for making sure your payment processing systems are PCI compliant; failure to comply can result in hefty fines and lawsuits that can ultimately end your business. With BluePay’s advanced security features, including tokenization and end-to-end encryption (E2EE), you can be sure your small business and your customers are protected from potential risk.
For more information on small business credit card processing services from BluePay, contact us today!
Get Started Today
After completing the form below, a BluePay representative will contact you shortly to walk you through our easy 3 step signup process!